From the Desk of Father Nathan
May is the Month of our Blessed Mother Mary
A Message from Father Nathan
My dearest people who are all close to my heart!
Lots of love and blessings to you all.
May is the Month of The Blessed Virgin Mary
The Church’s tradition in many places around the world dedicates the month of May to the Blessed Virgin Mary.
During this time, Catholics try to keep the Mother of God more present in their heads with a love shown in affectionate devotion to her…our “Mother”.
As the month of May is beginning our Lord wants us to make good use of this opportunity to increase in His love through dealings with His Mohter.
Let’s try each day to show her, through little things. Little attentions, that we, her children, love her, that our holiness and apostolate actions are becoming something real, that we are making a constant effort to contribute to the salvation which Christ has brought to the world.
Ideas To Show Devotion to Mary During the Month of May
What might be some way that we can manifest our love and devotion to the Blessed Virgin Mary in her month – the month of Mary? Here are a few ideas.
- We can consecrate our Home and Family to the Immaculate Heart of Mary by praying the rosary as the family by this we dedicate our families to our Blessed Mother.
- Secondly, we can consecrate our Self to our Blessed Mother. There are very many secular people who consecrate themselves to our Blessed Mother daily. They offer their lives to our Mother, in the same way, we can dedicate our life to her.
- Thirdly, by imitating our Blessed Mother Mary. Imitating her is another beautiful way of following in her footsteps. She is full of grace and since we are full of grace we are Her sons and daughters called and invited to her imitate her in our day to day lives.
- Fourthly, by reading about Mary. Reading about her would help us to understand her in the role of our Blessed Mother. There are innumerable Marian movements of which bring out the greatness about our Blessed Mother – hence, it is good that we learn about and understand her.
- Finally, by becoming a Marian Apostle. Marian’s apostolic-like living is another way of becoming a little closer to her. You then become an agent of our Blessed Mother.
Invitation to Pray the Rosary at St. Gabriel’s
We have the great tradition of praying the rosary every day in our parish after the 8:00 AM mass. Please do join and let us all pray the rosary as a faith community….
God bless you all.
Ever wanting to be faithful to your service,
With love and blessings,
—Fr. Sahayanathan Nathan
Watch the 2021 ABCD Video
You can make a one-time donation or set up recurring gifts.
Join our Parish Family
Register in the parish, so that it’s easy to become a confirmation sponsor or Godparent.
Want to Lend a Helping Hand?
Find volunteer opportunities and share your talents.
Need a Helping Hand?
We are here to help. Request home visits, send a prayer request. For urgent needs call 954.943.3684
Past Messages from Father Nathan
August 15th is an important and memorable day for all Catholics. It is the Feast celebrating the Assumption of our Blessed Mother. Learn More about the the theology and the catechism of the Assumption of our Blessed Mother
St. John Vianney feast day is celebrated annually on August 4th St. John Marie Vianney was a priest who Pope Pius X proposed as a model and patron saint of all the priests because of his extraordinary devotion and life. A life which he committed to the church ministry. St. John Marie Vianney was born on May 8, 1786 …
Mass is God’s Food for Our Soul, come and partake. I am glad and delighted to witness many coming back to the church in person, which is great! I am looking forward to witnessing all our people back at the church. I thought maybe it would be good to do a little catechism as my thankfulness.
A second collection for the Parish Projects will be the last weekend of July. Some of you were proposing to me to have a second collection for the Parish Project that we are undertaking. There are very many of you already supporting it. I thank each one of you for your love and support. No matter how big or small…
Thank You for Your Continued Support of our church. I really want to thank each and everyone for your financial support. God bless you all! Thank you also to all those who are praying toward the completion of this project. Please continue to do so. I do understand that it’s a most trying of times now…
Overturning an unjust law “For nearly fifty years,” says the US Bishops’ statement, “America has enforced an unjust law that has permitted some to decide whether others can live or die; this policy has resulted in the deaths of tens of millions of preborn children, generations that were denied the right to even be born.”