From the Desk of Father Nathan
May is the Month of our Blessed Mother Mary
A Message from Father Nathan
My dearest people who are all close to my heart!
Lots of love and blessings to you all.
May is the Month of The Blessed Virgin Mary
The Church’s tradition in many places around the world dedicates the month of May to the Blessed Virgin Mary.
During this time, Catholics try to keep the Mother of God more present in their heads with a love shown in affectionate devotion to her…our “Mother”.
As the month of May is beginning our Lord wants us to make good use of this opportunity to increase in His love through dealings with His Mohter.
Let’s try each day to show her, through little things. Little attentions, that we, her children, love her, that our holiness and apostolate actions are becoming something real, that we are making a constant effort to contribute to the salvation which Christ has brought to the world.
Ideas To Show Devotion to Mary During the Month of May
What might be some way that we can manifest our love and devotion to the Blessed Virgin Mary in her month – the month of Mary? Here are a few ideas.
- We can consecrate our Home and Family to the Immaculate Heart of Mary by praying the rosary as the family by this we dedicate our families to our Blessed Mother.
- Secondly, we can consecrate our Self to our Blessed Mother. There are very many secular people who consecrate themselves to our Blessed Mother daily. They offer their lives to our Mother, in the same way, we can dedicate our life to her.
- Thirdly, by imitating our Blessed Mother Mary. Imitating her is another beautiful way of following in her footsteps. She is full of grace and since we are full of grace we are Her sons and daughters called and invited to her imitate her in our day to day lives.
- Fourthly, by reading about Mary. Reading about her would help us to understand her in the role of our Blessed Mother. There are innumerable Marian movements of which bring out the greatness about our Blessed Mother – hence, it is good that we learn about and understand her.
- Finally, by becoming a Marian Apostle. Marian’s apostolic-like living is another way of becoming a little closer to her. You then become an agent of our Blessed Mother.
Invitation to Pray the Rosary at St. Gabriel’s
We have the great tradition of praying the rosary every day in our parish after the 8:00 AM mass. Please do join and let us all pray the rosary as a faith community….
God bless you all.
Ever wanting to be faithful to your service,
With love and blessings,
—Fr. Sahayanathan Nathan
Watch the 2021 ABCD Video
You can make a one-time donation or set up recurring gifts.
Join our Parish Family
Register in the parish, so that it’s easy to become a confirmation sponsor or Godparent.
Want to Lend a Helping Hand?
Find volunteer opportunities and share your talents.
Need a Helping Hand?
We are here to help. Request home visits, send a prayer request. For urgent needs call 954.943.3684
Past Messages from Father Nathan
Today we celebrate The Baptism of the Lord. I will be traveling to India for the month for a much-needed visit with my family.
Happy New Year 2022! May God bless us in his mercy. Today we celebrate The Epiphany of the Lord. Blessings for a healthy and prosperous New Year
Feast of the Holy Family of Jesus, Mary and Joseph. Our family life becomes sanctified when we live the life of the Church within our homes – called “domestic church”
“And the angel said unto them, Fear not: for, behold, I bring you good tidings of great joy, which shall be to all people. For unto you is born this day in the city of David the Savior, which is Christ the Lord.”
St Gabriel Parish welcomes you to celebrate Christmas. Join us for a retreat Dec 13- 14, Christmas Novenas daily 16-24th & a concert Dec 19
I am extremely glad to witness a lot of our winter parishioners who are coming back again to the parish upon their return to Florida! I fee extremely delighted and happy to see your faces without a mask. As I mentioned doing the weekend Masses please continue to be safe and take good care of