From the Desk of Father Nathan | September 27, 2020
A Message from Father Nathan
My dearest people who are all close to my heart!
Lots of love and prayers for you all. I hope and pray that you all enjoy good health that is my wish and prayer.
The month of October is the month of the rosary and the month of the bible
Let me share a few thoughts on these two: The rosary is arguably the most recognizable Catholic devotion. Sadly though it is a devotion that is not practiced as much with the younger generations. It’s the same with the bible. I would say that it was not taught to them. Hence, it becomes out of fashion for many Catholics.
This is deeply unfortunate, as the rosary is one of the most powerful weapons in our arsenal for spiritual warfare and one of the greatest aids in the pursuit of a fruitful spiritual life. Pope Saint Pius X had said:
“The rosary is the most beautiful and most rich in graces of all prayers; it is the prayer that touches most the Heart of the Mother of God…and, if you wish peace to reign in your homes, recite the family rosary”.
Let me quote two more saints who shared their wisdom with us.
“Give me an army saying the rosary and I will conquer the world”. Pope Blessed Pius X.
“The greatest method of praying is to pray the rosary”. Saint Francis de Sales
and then, a favorite of St. Padre Pio who is extremely meaningful, he had said:
“The rosary is the “weapon” for these times.”
The recent popes also shared their inspiration with us.
“The rosary is a school for learning true Christian perfection”. – Pope St. John XXIII and then:
“How beautiful is the family that recited the rosary every evening!” – Pope St. John Paul II
Rediscovering the Rosary and the Bible
The rosary and the bible have been kept out of our practices. It’s is so unfortunate but, remember these two are still the greatest weapons to practice our faith. The bible no doubt is the greatest since it is GOD’S WORD. God talks to us through the bible.
15 Promises Of Reciting the Rosary
There are 15 promises that are assured to people who recite the rosary
1) To all those who shall pray my Rosary devoutly, I promise my special protection and great graces
2) Those who shall persevere in the recitation of my rosary will receive signal graces.
3) The rosary will be a very powerful armor against Hell; it will destroy vices, deliver from sin, and dispel heresy.
4) The rosary will make virtue and good works flourish, and obtain for souls the most abundant divine mercies. It will draw the hearts of men from the love of the world and its vanities and will lift them to the desire of eternal things. Oh, that souls would sanctify themselves by this means.
5) Those who trust themselves to me through the rosary will not perish.
6) Whoever recites my Rosary devoutly, reflecting on the mysteries, shall never be overwhelmed by misfortune. He will not experience the anger of God not will he perish by an unprovided death. The sinner will be converted; the just will persevere in grace and merit eternal life.
7) Those truly devoted to my rosary shall not die without the sacrament of the Church.
8) Those who are faithful to recite my Rosary shall have during their life and at their death the light of God and the plenitude of His graces and will share in the merits of the blessed
9) I will deliver promptly from Purgatory souls devoted to my rosary.
10) True children of my Rosary will enjoy great glory in Heaven.
11) What you shall ask through my Rosary you shall obtain.
12) To those who propagate my Rosary, I promise to aid in all their necessities.
13) I have obtained from my Son that all the members of the Rosary confraternity shall have as their intercessors, in life and death, the entire celestial court.
14) Those who recite my Rosary faithfully are my beloved children, the brothers, and sisters of Jesus Christ
15) Devotion to my rosary is a special sign of predestination.
Getting to Know Mary Means Getting to Know Jesus Better
Mary, who is our true spiritual Mother, always desires what is best for us. She, who was conceived without sin, sits as the Queen of Heaven and Earth. She enjoys a will that is in perfect unity with the will of God. Daily recitation of the rosary will help you to get to know your Mother better. By getting to know Mary better, you will in turn get to know Jesus better. When you look at every mystery of the rosary, you reflect upon different aspects of Jesus’ life through the eyes of His mother
With love and blessings,
Ever at your service.
—Fr. Sahayanathan Nathan
You can make a one-time donation or set up recurring gifts.
Join our Parish Family
Register in the parish, so that it’s easy to become a confirmation sponsor or Godparent.
Want to Lend a Helping Hand?
Find volunteer opportunities and share your talents.
Need a Helping Hand?
We are here to help. Request home visits, send a prayer request. For urgent needs call 954.943.3684
Past Messages from Father Nathan
At the Easter Vigil, the Exsultet is sung as Mass begins in darkness, illumined only by candles throughout the church. The Exsultet is a beautiful hymn of rejoicing in Christ’s triumph of sin and death.
Holy Week is also called “Passion Week” begins on Palm Sunday and continues to Easter Sunday. Holy Week provided an opportunity for all the faithful to reflect on their personal sinfulness and their need for Christ and His sacrifice on our behalf.
This is the year of Saint Joseph December 8, 2020, is the 15th anniversary of the Declaration of Saint Joseph as Patron of the Universal Church. Pope Francis issued an Apostolic Letter entitled Patris corde (“With a Father’s Heart”).
What is Holy Mass?
What we do and why do we do this?
Vatican II, bulletin 1324 said the following: – The Eucharist is “the source and summit of the Christian life.” 136 ‘the other sacraments and indeed all ecclesiastical ministries and works of the apostolate, are bound up with the Eucharist and are oriented towards it.
What is the Sacrament of Confession? Why do we need confession? What are the benefits of going to confession? The Sacrament of Confession is one of the most unique and beautiful aspects of Catholicism. Jesus Christ, in His abundant love and mercy, established the Sacrament of Confession so that we as sinners can obtain forgiveness for our sins and reconcile with God, our neighbors, and the Church.
The Mysteries of our Faith. As the Lenten Season has started please make all the efforts possible to participate in the liturgy and other pious activities of the church. These are the ways and means we are able to understand the mystery of Christ…